ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I get the right perspective in a stereoscopic comp in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans CastropHow do I get the right perspective in a stereoscopic comp in After Effects?
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:30:36 pm

Coming from the stereoscopic forum, Tim Wilson suggested this forum might be a better place;

I'm trying to figure out a way to correctly superimpose a text in stereoscopic 3D space and animate it in After Effects 5.5. Can anyone point me to some tuts on how to go about this?
Oke, I've seen some tuts on adobe.tv but they don't cover the actual compositing in real 3D space. I want the text to sit on an object in positive space and finally fly to zero parallax. The camera has a certain field of view and a real object flying to zero parallax would get a certain enlargement, based on that field of view. But how about a computer generated text? it should get bigger but how much? is there a way to figure this out (or a tut that shows me?)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How do I get the right perspective in a stereoscopic comp in After Effects?
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:44:40 pm

What's your level of familiarity with After Effects?

Work with 3D layers in z-space in a comp with a stereoscopic camera rig. As you adjust a layer's z-position, you'll get the correct perspectives for each eye.

If you have footage, you'll need to track it:
http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_truck_compositing/

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Hans CastropRe: How do I get the right perspective in a stereoscopic comp in After Effects?
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:59:57 pm

thanks for quick response
My level is probably everage.
I will look into elements3D.
You say if you have footage you need to track it. do you mean you need to track each eye seperately, cause it might change in depth over time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]