ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Replacing Tracking Markers With Skin

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan RobinsonReplacing Tracking Markers With Skin
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:16:53 am

I am doing this video for someone, and it was not shot correctly, and I am having trouble. As you can see in the picture, I need to add a lion to the hand. Way to many tracking markters were added, and not even in the right place. What I did, was track the points, and apply them to puppet pin data on the lion. I had to use mocha to track where there were no tracking markers. I was only planning on replacing the markers that were underneath the lion, but since there are so many, I don't know what to do. I need to replace them with skin. I do have the same shot with out markers, so i have extra skin. Is this possible to do, or should I ask him to reshoot this shot?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Replacing Tracking Markers With Skin
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 5:11:30 am

First option is to try and track the clean version - there could be sufficient detail there for the tracking engine to work with.

Second option is to stabilize both the clean and current versions. Then clone from the clean version.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Replacing Tracking Markers With Skin
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 7:43:21 am

If you have exactly the same shot with no track points then have a look at this tutorial on how to use Difference Matte:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved