ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

replacing photoshop file in AE 5.5 with larger version

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Prumreplacing photoshop file in AE 5.5 with larger version
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:31:47 pm

I feel like this must have been adressed at some point but I was not able to find the answer in relation to a .psd file.

If you do an animation using a multiple layer photoshop composition and then want to swap out a larger, higher resolution but otherwise identical composition what is the best way to go about this?

In the post that was asking the same question in regards to an illustrator file they were told that since it was a vector image they could just rasterize it. A photoshop file is not necessarily vector correct? but if its simply text and line drawings is that possible for a .psd as well?

thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: replacing photoshop file in AE 5.5 with larger version
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:11:12 pm

There's no best way to adress this, since it will deppend on the kind of animation/links you have in the project.

I would probably increase the resolution with fixed amounts (e.g doubling)

Then if you haven't changed you anchors I presume you can scale everything to 50%(if doubled)

you can use an expression if you have animated scales to keep things as they were. (value*.5)
I'm guessing you'll have to unlink everything before replacing the file, and re-parent afterwards.

good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved