ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition not showing up in the preview panel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke BesseyComposition not showing up in the preview panel
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 7:45:03 pm

I am working on a very large project with hundreds of compositions. Most of them show up in the preview window when I scrub the timeline. A few of them used to show up and now do not. The compositions that have disappeared are full of animations using Illustrator files. When I render the project all the content is there, but I would like to know why it has disappeared from my preview window.

Also, when I enter the composition in question it does show up in the preview window. It is only when I am viewing the ultimate parent composition that the content disappears. In other words, I am nesting a bunch of comps within a main comp, and its when I am in this main comp that the nested comps' substance is invisible.

I have one comp that is giving me this problem that actually disappears halfway through the scrubbing. It is a 10 second scene of a guy swatting bugs. The first five seconds show up in the main parent comp and then the last 5 seconds are black screen. When I enter this comp the whole thing is there.

When I turn off continuously rasterize it fixes the problem. But I swear that I used to be able to see the whole comp while keeping continuously rasterize on!

I hope this made sense. Thanks for any advice!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Composition not showing up in the preview panel
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 8:54:41 pm

What version of After Effects?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Luke BesseyRe: Composition not showing up in the preview panel
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 8:59:06 pm

CS6. It is definitely the continuously rendering option. I have grown accustomed to this option complicating 3D layers, but this problem is new. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Composition not showing up in the preview panel
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:20:55 am

Please submit a bug report here:
http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

If you're able to send us the project for investigation, please say so in the bug report, and the person processing the bug report can respond with FTP information.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Luke BesseyRe: Composition not showing up in the preview panel
by on Dec 3, 2012 at 7:32:36 pm

Thanks, but I have solved it. Just needed to turn off continuous raterize on the parent composition.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]