ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS6 Pro Import

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RoughanCS6 Pro Import
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 3:47:27 pm

Hi everyone,
I have an Avid sequence I want to work with in AE CS6. I tried to open it into a project, with lots of problems with media freezing and the project crashing etc. I made a new project and tried again, this time with success. I saved the project, and tried opening it again today, but it just has the little "Open Project" window, that is totally white, and wont go any further. I tried again to make a new project, but now it wont read the AAF file at all. AE just crashes everytime i try to open this file. Like I said, yesterday it worked.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Simon

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index

Simon RoughanRe: CS6 Pro Import
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 4:25:59 pm

Just to add, it seems you can make the import alright, but then save the program, quit, and try to reopen the program, it doesnt work. Hangs every time. Very annoying!!!!

A picture is only as good as the glass it comes through. And the person using the camera has something to do with it too.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS6 Pro Import
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:53:11 pm

Please submit a detailed bug report here:
http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Simon RoughanRe: CS6 Pro Import
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 9:00:38 am

Hi Todd,
I perused the forums at Adobe, and found a that a few people were having problems with Avid sequence imports with the pro import. I tried the solution that was suggested there, that was to turn off the "Write XMP IDs to Files on Import" option.
Now it seems to be working.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]