ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mocha Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ArppeMocha Problems
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 12:44:51 am

Hi, it seems like many people have problems with mocha ae, and I have looked through so many posts, and now I have a truly original problem someone here might solve.. When I go to paste the data from Mocha AE, it pastes 89 frames worth of False information... nothing seems to work. My composition is 239 frames long, running at 23.97 fps, and all of the settings match in mocha and the composition. That part is done, I think. tell me if I screw up. then I track the scene, and it says that it has tracked all 239 frames and it is matching up nicely.

I go to click on the export, and I choose transform, not the corner pin, because it is my understanding that if I want many objects parented to the transform (in my case, bullet holes) I would use this. now when I paste that on a null layer, or a solid layer, or a text layer, it is only pasting 89 frames worth of the tracked motion... what have I done wrong? and it is not 89 correct frames. I followed Shoot Your Friends on youtube, as a tutorial, and im really frustrated...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mocha Problems
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:18:49 am

When you paste mocha's tracking data onto the Null Layer, ensure that your Timeline Indicator is placed at the in-point of your tracking spline in mochaAE/Pro.

If this doesn't sort out your issue then you will do well by providing us with screen caps of your -
(1) timeline in AE, showing the relevant keyframes and layers
(2) the tracking spline in mocha

Of course, if you can post a video of your clip, a before/after thingy then so much the better.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved