ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inserting Trapcode Streak into Camera Tracked Scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alyssa Barrett
Inserting Trapcode Streak into Camera Tracked Scene
on Nov 28, 2012 at 3:57:16 am

Hello,
So I am trying to insert a light streak I made using trapcode particular into a scene I filmed. I have tried camera tracking the scene using AE's new camera tracking feature but after I camera track the scene, I am confused how I get the trapcode streak to "go" in there. Do I need a third party tracker to accomplish this? Basically I want the streak to move across the frame as the camera is panning.

Thanks for any help!

Alyssa

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Inserting Trapcode Streak into Camera Tracked Scene
on Nov 28, 2012 at 9:25:10 pm

In general, you insert objects into a scene using the 3D Camera Tracker by creating a null layer and then using that null (through parenting or other means) as a locator for your object.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Alyssa Barrett
Re: Inserting Trapcode Streak into Camera Tracked Scene
on Dec 4, 2012 at 6:25:15 am

Thanks Todd! I haven't actually tried this yet, so I may have a more specific question once I get going on it. Thanks for your reply!

One question that I do have right now though, so lets say I parent the null to a point from the 3D tracking data and use that. What happens when the camera pans and that point goes out of the frame? Would I then just choose a new point to use as the parent? How do you switch parents? Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]