ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keying green screen suggestions for soft focus profile shot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nico Scott
Keying green screen suggestions for soft focus profile shot
on Nov 24, 2012 at 5:44:26 am

hey guys,

i'm having some trouble trying to get a a nice clean key of this shot (and few other similar to this) using keylight. in the shot we have the hero camera right which i can pull a pretty good key from, but on the left is an out of focus profile of the passenger in the car seat next to him. I've played around with this for hours but i either keep getting a grey outline around his profile or ugly noise.

The other issue is the hero leans back in the shot so his hair overlaps with the out of focus passenger profile on the left and this cause more ugliness.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Vince Lund
Re: Keying green screen suggestions for soft focus profile shot
on Nov 24, 2012 at 2:46:15 pm

Hows this?

I did it with 3 layers:

1: MATTE - GS Footage with Saturation turned up high, until green peaks out. Then add Keylight, and adjust until the hair is still visible, but background is clean.

2: FG - GS Footage, put below the Matte, with TrkMatte set to Alpha Matte. This takes the Alpha channel from the above key. You can also add another instance of Keylight, turn on Colour Correction, then turn on Spill Suppression -- although, your footage didn't really need it in this case.

3: BG - Roadside footage, with levels and saturation adjusted, and Camera Blur effect added.

You're welcome to the CS6/ CS5.5 project files if you want it.
4997_keyvincerapidpicscs5.5.aep.zip

Vince

Return to posts index

Nico Scott
on Nov 24, 2012 at 11:38:07 pm

thanks so much for this Vince, really appreciate it. i've tried slightly similar techniques but not with the results you've got.

And you've included the project file too, you're a legend!

Return to posts index

Oliver de Morassé
on Nov 26, 2012 at 12:45:13 pm

Nice job Vince. Would it be possible to post the project for use in AE 5?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]