ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Interpolate or blend between two videos

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane WaltsInterpolate or blend between two videos
by on Nov 22, 2012 at 5:38:37 pm

I am trying to make an infinite walk video by replaying the same footage with After Effects CS6. I am able to match up two steps, such as the first step with the last step, very closely, but not perfect. For example maybe my head is tilted an inch in the second video or my left foot is scooted back an inch. I am fairly new to After Effects and am not sure what is the best or easiest way to blend between these two layers. So far I am just adding masked layers of the differences and changing the rotation or position for the next 10 frames or so, but this is long and tedious and i plan to merge many other walk videos.
Is there a simpler way to do this in CS6. Can you interpolate 10 or 20 frames between two videos that are very similar? Is there an effect or blending mode that would work best in this instance?

Return to posts index

Axel ArzolaRe: Interpolate or blend between two videos
by on Nov 26, 2012 at 1:22:50 am

How infinite do you need it to be? Just asking because I think you will be better off going and shooting a really long walking clip and then problem solved, to at least it might be easier to find more matchable frames.
I'm sorry if this does not helps at all, maybe if I knew more about the specific effect you are trying to achieve and the overall idea.

Axel Arzola

Return to posts index

Anand SundararajanRe: Interpolate or blend between two videos
by on Nov 27, 2012 at 5:49:03 am

Hey, I am also facing a very similar situation. I shot a footage which is much shorter than I expected. Fortunately it consists of a man walking up and down - a simple motion. So I split the video and tried splicing these together to creating a looping effect - and make the man continue his up and down walking a little longer.

Unfortunately I see a jerk even if I make the position of the man "almost" (cannot be made exact) the same in both the footages.

I know re-shooting would be the best option - but its a pain as I have to set a lot of things up.

So would really love to know if an alternative exists. Has the OP found a solution to his problem? Would really love to know if there is a way to interpolate between 2 videos.

Btw I also found another thread similar to this today: - I dont know if this would help - havent tried it out yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved