ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cinema 4d import problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel Lluesma
Cinema 4d import problems
on Nov 22, 2012 at 2:20:58 pm

Hello, I would like help from anybody, here is the problem:
When I import a project made in cinema 4d, one centimeter in cinema 4d is like 100 longer in after effects, meaning the distance units have a huge difference between the 2 programs. So the problem I have is that in cinema 4d I have a null object which is meant to become the particle emitter in after effects, however when I import the project in after effects, that null is so way out in the distance that I can not see any particles because particular has a certain distance limit and the null is way out of the composition. The null looks perfectly alright in cinema 4d and there is no problem, only in after effects.

Anybody knows any solution for this? thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Cinema 4d import problems
on Nov 23, 2012 at 4:24:04 pm

[Miguel Lluesma] "Anybody knows any solution for this? thanks in advance."

First create a 3D null at the origin of your imported scene (which should be [0,0,0]). Next you should parent all of the imported nulls, cameras and solids to this null. That null now controls your scene scale. If you scale it down to 1% then your one centimeter should equal 1 unit in AE instead of 100.

You can optionally delete the null once you've done this to see your the new coordinates on the layers, or you could unparent the layers from the scene scale null (as long as they're parented to the null they'll report the same coordinates).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Miguel Lluesma
on Nov 23, 2012 at 6:34:41 pm

Hey, thanks for your help. I understand what you said. I did that, there is one problem still. One of the lights, that is way out in the distance, that is meant to be the emitter for particular, even though I parented it to the new null as you said (together with the cameras and the rest of the null) still particles from particular are not visible because is still way out in the distance. Meaning the scale did not affect the fact that particles are not visible, I am sure you understand what i am running into. is there a fix for this?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 24, 2012 at 3:16:12 am

[Miguel Lluesma] "Meaning the scale did not affect the fact that particles are not visible, I am sure you understand what i am running into. is there a fix for this?"

How far away is the particle emitting light after scaling the scene down? You can delete the scale null as I mentioned in the previous post to check.

If it's still too far away you'll need to scale the scene down more. Alternatively your Particular effect may be set up wrong.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]