Quicktime renders greyish?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tomi Foldes
Quicktime renders greyish?
on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:22:41 pm

Hey Guys,
could you please help me, i'm making a spot for a local tv channel
and when I render it in AE in quicktime (JPEG , 94 quality) to gain a lossless spot, it looks like it's filtered, but i dont know why.
I've attached two pics, one is inside AE before render and the other one is brought back to AE after render. Could you please help me how to solve this?
Thanks,
Tom

Return to posts index

mathew fuller
Re: Quicktime renders greyish?
on Nov 21, 2012 at 9:51:10 pm

Jpeg is not lossless.

Render either ape prores 4:2:2 HQ
Or
Qt aimation compression.

Import it back in to check but you should be good to go.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Tomi Foldes
on Nov 22, 2012 at 8:36:30 am

Dear Mathew,

thank you for you reply, I rendered it in anim and sadly still the same problem. But ive realized, that i always render in HDtv Rec 709 in AE, and when i bring back the footage to AE, and interpret it to Hdtv Rec, the colors are ok. My problem is that i want to bring the video to premiere to be able to convert it to MXF Op1, but i dont seem to find color settings there. Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 23, 2012 at 3:32:22 am

[Tomi Foldes] "But ive realized, that i always render in HDtv Rec 709 in AE, and when i bring back the footage to AE, and interpret it to Hdtv Rec, the colors are ok."

Makes sense. When using color management, correctly assigning profiles to incoming assets is critical.

[Tomi Foldes] "My problem is that i want to bring the video to premiere to be able to convert it to MXF Op1, but i dont seem to find color settings there. Am i doing something wrong?"

No. Premiere has no color management. Assuming you are working in HD, rendering to Rec. 709 from Ae as you have done should be all you need to do.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]