ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D object using Element 3D won't stay still, slides

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edwin Pieroelie3D object using Element 3D won't stay still, slides
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:33:24 am

Greetings CC community,

I am having a lot of fun with the new video copilot Element 3D plugin (note: I am very much just an AFX hobbyist) but am having issues with my 3D objects sliding in my scene.

I have watched the Andrew Kramer 3D Truck composite tutorial over a hundred times (, experimented with many variations but I can't get my 3D object to stay put.

When I triangulate on a plain and create a solid, it stays put and moves properly, but I just can't get my 3D object to do the same. I have also searched far and wide but no solutions have helped, including the following:

"Turn on the track solid (where you want to place your Element object). Go to Custom View and manipulate the position of the Element object until it's "on top" of the track solid (use the camera orbit tool to move around so you can see what you're doing), then turn the track solid off (to make sure you can see it all, click on View/Look at all layers). Your object shouldn't slide then. Also, be sure that in the Scene Setup, the object center is set to "bottom" and not "object center"."

I also understand that this may be a Z issue I am having but playing with the Z doesn't help me.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

cheers from Jakarta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved