ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time-Remap loop results in a blank frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Navarro ParkerTime-Remap loop results in a blank frame
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 2:13:50 am

I'm setting up a pre-comp to loop. I'm using Time Remapping and applying the expression "loop_out();" to the Time Remap. I'm not moving the time remapping keyframes at all.

The problem I'm having is that I'm getting a blank frame where it loops. My layer turns invisible between the end of the loop and when it starts again. The contents of that precomp do not animate off. It's just some solids that are the same length as the comp. Even if I extend the solids to be longer than the comp, I'm getting that one frame where it winks off at the loop point.

Any suggestions? (other than the inelegant pasting a bunch of copies end-to-end)

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Time-Remap loop results in a blank frame
by on Nov 21, 2012 at 3:00:54 am

Time Remapping creates its last KF one frame after a layer's out-point. The remedy for looping TR layers is to move the CTI one frame earlier than TR's last KF and create a KF there. Then delete the last TR KF.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Navarro ParkerRe: Time-Remap loop results in a blank frame
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 12:36:59 am

Thanks. That seems really counter intuitive to override what I'd expect AE to handle by itself.

Return to posts index

Rodrigo LaizRe: Time-Remap loop results in a blank frame
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:08:34 am

Hello,

I'm having the same problem here. I've found in several places that the solution is:

1) Create a keyframe one frame before the last KF of the Time remapping layer.
2) Move this new KF over the last KF of the Time remapping

problem is that when I do that this keyframe jumps to the middle of the remaped composition. This is driving me crazy :p I can't seem to make the loop work, any clues?

Thanks

-- Rod

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]