ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CS6 missing presets for Fractal Noise

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Garske
CS6 missing presets for Fractal Noise
on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:30:46 am

I'm in CS6 for mac and windows and I've noticed that the animation presets that were in CS5.5 for Fractal Noise are gone. Does anyone know why this is or how I can get them back?

I'm wondering what other presets I'm missing. Anyone experienced this?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: CS6 missing presets for Fractal Noise
on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:40:12 am

Where are you looking for these presets? Can you show an example of what you're looking for?

I suspect that you just haven't yet selected the Show Animation Presets option from the panel menu in the upper-right corner of the Effect Controls panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:50:56 am

Michael

I believe that you are searching for Backgrounds Presets that are made using fractal noise.

Enable the Animation Presets as suggested by Todd or go to Animation> Browse Presets > Backgrounds(In Adobe Bridge).

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Michael Garske
on Nov 20, 2012 at 5:24:46 pm

I enabled viewing of animation presets and went to adobe bridge to import the missing presets. But when I select the "place in after effects" from the right click menu it crashes after effects.

I also moved the presets to the presets folder. Both in the root folder and a "background" folder within the presets folder.

The presets are still missing but at least I know where to find them. Any thoughts on getting this to work? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Michael Garske
on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:28:16 pm

I enabled viewing of animation presets and went to adobe bridge to import the missing presets. But when I select the "place in after effects" from the right click menu it crashes after effects.

I also moved the presets to the presets folder. Both in the root folder and a "background" folder within the presets folder.

The presets are still missing but at least I know where to find them. Any thoughts on getting this to work? Am I doing something wrong?

Another important note is that after effects is crashing on both mac and pc systems. Everything is updated to latest versions.

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Nov 21, 2012 at 7:53:37 am

Michael

Select the Solid in Timeline, Go to Adobe Bridge and Double click on the Preset.

This will automatically apply the Preset to the solid that you have selected in the Timeline.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Michael Garske
on Nov 21, 2012 at 5:48:20 pm

I received this error:

Is there a way to simply add the presets without going to Bridge? This seems like an unnecessary step to something that was already so simple.

Return to posts index

Michael Garske
on Nov 21, 2012 at 5:55:53 pm

so I did place in after effects from the right click menu and that worked just fine after doing what you instructed. Strange that I get an error from the right click function and not that.

Still it would be great to bypass this step all together. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks man you rock!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]