ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Comp won't Export due to still image sizes ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie WalunasComp won't Export due to still image sizes ?
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:43:04 pm

Not a pro AE user but know enough to get what I need to do done...

I have a large sort of animated sequence of stills that I brought into AE in a 1920x1080 comp around a minute long. I didn't resize any images before bringing them in as it never mattered before. There was some resizing to do in AE so I scaled the images and rotated those as needed.

I'm trying to Export a h.264 video of the comp. I know you can't usually start with h.264 in AE so I'd like to do the Animation codec or HDTV codec out.

But neither work. In fact nothing will export. And the message in the link appears:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8200076495_05e2ec1df2_o.png

I've tried routing memory to my external drive with plenty of space and allocating Ram to AE, but to no avail does an export succeed.

Since I'm fairly novice, a detailed/specific solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Comp won't Export due to still image sizes ?
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:51:30 pm

What are your Memory & Multiprocessing settings?

A screenshot of that pane of the Preferences dialog box would be the most useful answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Rosie WalunasRe: Comp won't Export due to still image sizes ?
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:58:54 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

This is what I have set up now:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8346/8200302079_de9e124e6e_b.jpg

Using stills this size has never been an issue.

Any suggestions ?

Could I be doing something wrong in the workflow / interface ?

It wouldn't be very useful to have to re-size all couple hundred images.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:01:02 pm

That's a rather small amount of RAM for working with large images in After Effects.

Shut down all other applications to free up as much RAM as possible for After Effects.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:03:05 pm

What do you suggest changing the Ram to? 2GBs? More or Less? The only other thing I'm running is Firefox.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:10:28 pm

Sorry - realized that might not have made too much sense. Should I change the number allocation to .25 for other apps? Or what exactly?

Thank you again.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:11:15 pm

I was commenting on how much RAM you have installed. 4GB is very little for using After Effects with large images.

Firefox uses a lot of RAM. Shut down all applications other than After Effects.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:53:37 pm

I think I fixed it for the moment.

Changed the allocation of RAM for other apps to .25, saved the project, rebooted the system, did the Export with nothing but AE running, and that worked.

I wonder if all the system needed was a re-boot or if that much RAM was being used by Firefox that it disrupted my Export every time.

Yes, the 4GB of RAM that I have is not much, but it's worked fine with AE for what I need to do the last few years. First time it's been an issue.

Glad the issue's solved for the moment.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:54:39 pm

Web browsers are resource hogs far beyond what most people realize. Especially with multiple tabs open and Facebook running.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]