ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan RosarioKeyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6
by on Nov 18, 2012 at 9:42:40 pm

So... my problem is.. that I have been looking for tutorials all over online on how to change the values of multiple keyframes at once. I have been reading through and most of them tell me that the first step is to select the layers that you want to both change the values with together by pressing shift and clicking. So I did that and highlighted two layers so I can change their values at the same time. Next thing I was told was to have my CTI over the keyframes that I placed so I did that. Lastly, I started to change the value for one of them since they were both selected/highlighted, but the thing was that it only started changing the value I selected and not both. I dont know what to do.. Please help. and this is in after effects cs6. Thank you to all that helps me!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 11:19:00 am

You can only change the values of multiple keyframes for a single property at a time.

The Workflow:
1) Select the keyframes
2) Ensure that the CTI is parked on one of the selected keyframes
3) Scrub the value of the property
4) Done!

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Ryan RosarioRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 11:24:39 am

okay this is what i am trying to do exactly..

go to this video and skip ahead to 0:52. What the person does is he changes the value for both position and point of interest at the same time..

now check out my video here. I try to do the exact same thing

Thank you so much for helping btw!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:20:53 pm

The tut you showed was using a version of AE prior to CS6. There seems to be a different way to get this to work in CS6. With CS6, a bit of finessing is required. When you have the Camera Z tool selected, you need to depress the CTRL button shortly after you move the tool in the comp panel OR while the cursor is in the comp panel, mousedown and depress the CTRL button as you drag the mouse.

As always, add the Shift key to move in larger increments.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

Ryan RosarioRe: Keyframing multiple values at the same time in After Effects CS6
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:14:51 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT WORKED! THANK YOU MY FRIEND! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2012 at 2:18:07 pm

I never would have figured all the complexity of this stuff out without the efforts of you guys. So I have to thank you. :) I'll be sure to come back here if I need help again definitely. Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Nov 20, 2012 at 12:26:16 am

And God Bless you too Ryan!

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]