ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Twixtor the Un-Twixtorable?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam KoubekTwixtor the Un-Twixtorable?
by on Nov 18, 2012 at 5:44:40 pm

This is the shot I have to work with. For obvious reasons, twixtor doesn't like it. My thoughts are that I can mask out the runner then render him out (because I'm pretty sure Twixtor ignores masks), then place him back on a clean plate of the surroundings I have. I will also isolate the bottom part and twixtor that on its own then match with the masked footage. My question, is this a logical solution? Any tips? Is there a better way to get around this? I've already started the roto process but for obvious reasons, I'd like to make sure my planned method will work before I spend a few more hours on roto. The footage was shot with a Red Epic at a high frame rate so the fence is the only problem.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Twixtor the Un-Twixtorable?
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 12:23:44 pm

This looks like something Twixtor would like. You'll likely get better mileage with your Q at the
COW's REvisionFX Forum.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Twixtor the Un-Twixtorable?
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 4:23:11 pm

I'll second Roland's suggestion to head over to the RE:Vision FX forum.

I'll add that you should look into Twixtor Pro, which has all kinds of advanced features like foreground and background mattes as well as manual point and spline guidance that might come in handy for a shot like this.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Lori FreitagRe: Twixtor the Un-Twixtorable?
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 11:38:46 pm

Your method will work unless you have Twixtor Pro, you can just import the mask that you are roto'ing and use that in Twixtor Pro. You can watch this tutorial on how to use a mask in Twixtor Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved