ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Replacing part of the floor in a shot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Lyne
Replacing part of the floor in a shot
on Nov 16, 2012 at 10:16:37 pm

Hey long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm currently working on a shot that's intending to be changed for day to night however there's a huge ray of light on the floor from the sun which I need to remove before attempting the day for night.
I've attempted several things in both Nuke and After Effects however as the shot is handheld (not a huge amount of movement but enough to change the perspective) it's proved to be a bigger challenge than I originally believed.

I've come to the conclusion the best + easiest way is to use a warp stabiliser to reduce the majority of the jitter and then to use the same settings on the warp stabiliser to apply to a clean plate that I've created in Photoshop. I recognise this wouldn't be perfect but it should be sufficient.
However the problem I have is that I can't find out how to get the warp stabilisers information to apply to the clean plate. Is there any way to do that?

Alternatively does anyone have an alternative solution to fix this?

Return to posts index

mathew fuller
Re: placing part of the floor in a shot
on Nov 16, 2012 at 11:37:01 pm

When you ask these kind of questions they are impossible to answer correctly without an image or video for reference

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 16, 2012 at 11:44:06 pm

I think you would want to track the shot, paint a clean frame, then project it onto a plane in 3D for the floor.

Projection will help compensate for the changing perspective.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Matt Lyne
on Nov 17, 2012 at 12:02:08 am

Sorry I'll upload a reference image tomorrow when back at my computer.
I did start working on a projection in Nuke but didn't think it would work with the perspective. I'll give it a go tomorrow and get back to you thanks :)

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Replacing part of the floor in a shot
on Nov 17, 2012 at 3:05:54 am

[Matt Lyne] "I can't find out how to get the warp stabilisers information to apply to the clean plate. Is there any way to do that"

It's impossible to retrieve any data from the Warp Stabilizer to achieve a inverse stabilization effect.

However, if you are able to solve the camera move with AE's 3D Camera Tracker, you may want to look into Ben Rollason's http://aescripts.com/projection/ script to provide a quick and easy camera projection routine.

That's one option. Another option is to use mocha's 2.5D or camera solve (available with V3.+) to obtain the camera solve prior to a camera projection routine.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]