ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott O'HaraCreating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:14:51 am

Hey all,

Bought the book, really like it. I think it will develop my AE skills and I'm pumped, BUT, the DVD doesn't work on my mac. I can pull up the files on a PC, so the DVD isn't broke, nor is my mac because I can view other DVD's on them.

So I contacted the publisher, they referred me to another company that now handles this publication, long story short no one can help me except Amazon says I should return it if its not working.. ugh.. so I don't feel like doing that since it's a huge hassle to find out another DVD won't work.

Has anyone had any problems with this? Are these DVD's on for PC? Is there any way I can get these project files to work on my MacBook Pro?

Thanks
Scott

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 7:19:09 am

Scott

It is just a fluke shot but I think the intro file is a " .exe " file which wont run on mac without any application which runs .exe files on mac.

The best you can do is Browse the DVD and copy the Contents including .aep files or open them one by one and choose Collect File so that you can at least access the project files.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Scott O'HaraRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 7:31:08 am

Thanks for the quick response!

I thought of that too, but the problem is the DVD won't even read on my mac (won't show up at all) while in a PC it does.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 7:45:39 am

Scott

Another way is to create an ISO or .dmg image file from windows using application like Power ISO or Magic ISO and then mount it on Mac.

Here is a way to do this:

http://osxdaily.com/2008/04/22/easily-mount-an-iso-in-mac-os-x/

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 8:52:35 am

Over the years, I've likely tried to copy approximately 100 copies of the book's DVD - same issues. Seriously. I use the media assets for my AE classes over the past few years and I face the same issues copying the DVD contents onto a DVD.

What you need to do is to copy the folders/contents of the DVD from your PC onto a thumb/external drive. From there, copy the folders onto your Mac. There is no installation iso/exe file - just folders. Just remember to keep the folder hierarchy as per the original so that the AEPs will link up to the media assets without any manual intervention.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

Trish MeyerRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 5:48:34 pm

So sorry to hear that the DVD is giving you problems. It is a known issue. Please contact Dennis McGonagle; we keep his email on our contact page at http://www.crishdesign.com/contact.html

He will arrange for a new DVD to be sent to you.
I will also give him this link.

Please email me thru that link if all else fails, but the publisher has a stack of replacements in stock! - Trish

Return to posts index

Dennis McGonagleRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 7:05:24 pm

Hi Scott. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused, and yes, as Trish says, this is a known issue. Our customer service people should have directed you to me, not sure what happened there, and I'll look into it.

Regardless, please email me at dennis.mcgonagle@taylorandfrancis.com with your Amazon receipt and shipping address and I'll send you a new, working DVD right away.

Apologies again.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Scott O'HaraRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 4:21:15 am

Thanks so much for the replies. Thank you Trish and Dennis, I appreciate it very much. I will email you shortly Dennis with that info.

Thanks again!
Scott

Return to posts index

Anmol MishraRe: Creating Motion Graphics by Trish and Chris Meyer DVD problems
by on Sep 28, 2013 at 11:37:51 am

Got the same problem. Just emailed Dennis. I am in Australia though - so is it possible to access just the project files via Dropbox or something ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]