ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audio Sync Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SimpsonAudio Sync Issue
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:24:09 pm

Hello All,

I am creating some Station Ids in CS5.5. Something I have done many times before without any issues. When I do my RAM previews the audio is about 3 or 4 seconds ahead of the video. I searched the forum and found out mp3 and other compressed files can give AE some trouble so I mixed the music and voice track and rendered out a wav and a Quicktime movie version. Both still have the same issues.

The odd part is when I just do audio preview (work area) or audio preview (here forward) it seems to be fine. I did an edit/purge all but still have the problem.

It's a bit of a pain when I am with the client and have to explain that the voice actually does come in when the logo appears etc.

I am using CS5.5 on the following machine:

Mac Pro
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 3 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Any suggestions welcome.

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio Sync Issue
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 8:38:01 pm

You're probably doing the RAM Previews at full resolution and frame rate, right? And you're probably working in HD, right? You might even be routing your previews through a capture card to a video monitor.

Try the most common previewing trick: instead of hitting zero on the numeric keypad, hit shift-zero to preview every other frame. Or chenge the resolution to half. Or both.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: Audio Sync Issue
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 9:32:19 pm

Hello Dave,

Right on all counts. I just installed a new Black Magic Card a few days ago, and I guess I couldn't help myself :-) Everything looks so nice on the big screen.

Anyhow, the shift zero does the trick.

Thank You

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved