ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

missing parts in rendered composition- after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ayesha Asa
missing parts in rendered composition- after effects
on Nov 11, 2012 at 6:18:37 pm

for my kinetic typography project, i created all my filees in photoshop , text and images,
put them in after effects . when i rendered my project the first 30secs are fine , but the other half ( also 30 secs) is missing files . the missing files are just my text layers ( that i created in photoshop)
the first 2 lines of text appear fine the rest disappear .

when i look at my layers in the composition they are exactly the same as as the layers that do work .
i have no clue what to do . i tried refreshing the files , i tried reloading them but with no success .

every thing works fine when i RAM preview my composition but when i render only two text layers appear the rest disappear

thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
Re: missing parts in rendered composition- after effects
on Nov 11, 2012 at 9:07:36 pm

It may be that you have set the work area to 30 seconds and your render settings are "Work area only".

Look in the Render Queue under Render Settings.

Return to posts index

Ayesha Asa
on Nov 11, 2012 at 9:17:08 pm

hi thanks you for responding

but thats not it i put the time span as the length of the composition
and the whole 60 secs renders till the end , its just that it is missing certain files within the composition

the first 4 text layers appear while the rest don't show up in the rendered version
(all the files including images + text are photoshop )

there are no errors either when it renders

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Nov 11, 2012 at 9:22:32 pm

Could you post a screen capture of your timeline?

Return to posts index

Ayesha Asa
on Nov 11, 2012 at 11:54:57 pm

render page and timeline :

link to AE file:

4950_kinetictype2.aet.zip

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Nov 12, 2012 at 12:26:44 am

Its not clear to me what's going on, the render settings and the timeline look OK. I've opened the aep file and don't see anything amiss.

If its only type layers from Photoshop that aren't rendering you might try to convert these to editable text and see whether this makes a difference.

I suggest you make duplicate of the Comp and then convert the layers to editable text.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 12, 2012 at 9:30:04 pm

One possible issue is that you're viewing through "Camera 1" in your composition viewer while the Render Queue will use the "Active Camera" view at render time.

If you want to use "Camera 1" make sure it is the topmost camera in your timeline.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:16:04 am

[Darby Edelen] " One possible issue is that you're viewing through "Camera 1" in your composition viewer while the Render Queue will use the "Active Camera" view at render time.

If you want to use "Camera 1" make sure it is the topmost camera in your timeline."

So the issue is related to what I've said here but slightly different. Your Camera 1 layer has its out point trimmed to 30 seconds. When that camera layer is no longer active the 'Active Camera' reverts to the default position. You need to extend the Camera 1 layer out to the end of the timeline.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Ayesha Asa
on Nov 13, 2012 at 11:19:37 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your responding to my question . I did end up figuring out that i was using the wrong camera and fixed the problem . Didn't know the bit about extending the Camera 1 layer out to the end of the timeline for it to render though . ill keep that in mind for my next project .

thank you
Ayesha A

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]