ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issues with Track Mattes - Luma matte makes everything B/N

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Gonzalez
Issues with Track Mattes - Luma matte makes everything B/N
on Nov 8, 2012 at 5:59:35 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble using a luma matte. I used C4D to make cube spinning transition and rendered some object buffer pases as 8 bit TIFF sequences to use as luma matte in AE.

So now in AE, I have my animation all setup made with precomps with some Illustrator art inside them with continuous rasterization. But the moment I put the TIFF sequence below the Precomp and select Luma Matte the precomp contents turn to black and white. The Luma Matte is doing its job for the transition, but turns everything to black and white. This has never happened before.

Here's what I've tried to fix this at the moment without any luck:
- I thought maybe it was because the AE project was in 32 bits an the tiffs were 8 bit. So I dropped the project to 8 bit and also rendered the TIFF in 32 bit and used the 32 bit project.
- I prerendered the TIFF sequence as a .mov with RGB only in animation and used it as the luma matte.
- I prerendered the precomps, then used both the tiff sequence and the prerendered as .mov tiff sequence as the luma matte.
- I made the AE project anew.
- I rendered the cube spinning transition as a PSD sequence rather than TIFF.
- I've looked into all the comp and precomps settings.
- I've checked all the transfer modes inside the precomps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't find what's going wrong and I'm starting to get worried about my project's deadline.

Thnx,

D.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Issues with Track Mattes - Luma matte makes everything B/N
on Nov 8, 2012 at 6:20:29 pm

[Diego Gonzalez] "But the moment I put the TIFF sequence below the Precomp and select Luma Matte the precomp contents turn to black and white."

Just checking: if the TIFF is supposed to be the matte it should be above the precomp and the precomp below it should have the Luma Track Matte setting enabled.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Diego Gonzalez
Re: Issues with Track Mattes - Luma matte makes everything B/N
on Nov 8, 2012 at 6:31:13 pm

Darby, thanks a lot. Such a dumb mistake... I'm so embarrassed right now. I gonna have some rest before continue with my work.

Thanks again.

D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]