ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Free downloaded font not recognized when re-opening after effects CS5.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Courtney LeSueur
Free downloaded font not recognized when re-opening after effects CS5.
on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:53:18 pm

I downloaded the font Windsor Light Condensed BT online from a free font downloading service to use for an infographic project for class on Woody Allen. I downloaded the font last night and worked on the project for a few hours and the font worked just fine. Today, I'm trying to open the project and I get an error message stating that "The following layer dependencies are missing: Text Layer: Font family: 'WindsorBT', Font style: 'light condensed'.

I'm using a mac with AE CS5, and I've already tried validating the font and resolving duplicates and that didn't work. I don't have access to add fonts to the font folder because I'm on the computer lab computer at school and I'm not an administrator. I've also restarted After Effects and downloaded the font again to see if that would help. I need help ASAP!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Free downloaded font not recognized when re-opening after effects CS5.
on Nov 8, 2012 at 4:43:15 pm

It sounds like you downloaded and installed the font yesterday on one machine and are now on a different system, right? Cause how would you initially install the font if you don't have access to the font folder? The font has to be installed prior to AE startup or AE won't have access to it. If you copy the project to another computer, AE will know that you used Windsor light, but if it's not installed you get that error.

If you need that font, you probably need to put it on a thumb drive and ask an administrator to install it for you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]