ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't edit value of targa sequence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ella CurrerCan't edit value of targa sequence
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:03:33 pm

Hi, I imported a targa sequence that contains 19 targas that are named in numerical order 01, 02, 03.... I put the sequence in my comp, enabled time remapping and started adding the time remap keyframes. All worked perfectly until I got to 05, 10, and 15. AE won't allow me to enter those numbers, it automatically refills the entries as 06, 12, and 18. Even weirder, if I right click on the keyframe to edit value on those keyframes, the edit value window shows it as the correct numbers 05, 10, and 15. But it actually is referencing targas 06, 12, and 18 and that is what appears as the value in my comp. I cannot force AE to display targas 05, 10 and 12 no matter what I do. A workaround is to import those targas as single files and drop the opacity of my targa sequence for those keyframes but my comp is very complicated and that's not going to work longterm.
AE has not been buggy for me at all until now. Thanks for any thoughts!

Return to posts index

Ella CurrerRe: Can't edit value of targa sequence
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 8:09:08 pm

To test i brought in a longer sequence and it's happening every 5 keyframes, on keyframe 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.... each of these jumps to a different value of 1, then 2 then 3 targas higher... and I can't make it read the correct targa value. So there's definitely a pattern but I don't know why this is happening.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Can't edit value of targa sequence
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:49:55 pm

What is the frame rate of your AE comp, and what is the frame rate of the imported inmage sequence? You'll find it by highlighting the imported sequence and going to File>Interpret>Main.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ella CurrerRe: Can't edit value of targa sequence
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 11:05:06 pm

That was it, Dave. Footage was at 30 and comp was at 24. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]