ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video pixelates in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CartwrightVideo pixelates in After Effects
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 5:04:01 pm

I'm new to After Effects. I've done some of the tutorials on Video Copilot and done some basic things.
But I've run in to a problem. I have some video - it's about 80 seconds long - and I want to stabilise it. I know how to do that fine.
But when I import the video in to After Effects it severely pixelates - as though it's bad video. Even if I look at the raw footage (i.e. not in a composition) it does it.
It looks like this:

I know the footage is fine as it plays perfectly well in Media Player and other video playing apps. It's also fine in the Mocha application.
It's not that it's rendering in half or anything like that - I've switched the setting to Full and it makes no difference.

Am I missing a setting somewhere that's causing this?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Video pixelates in After Effects
by on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:31:01 pm

It will help if you can give us more specifics as to the encoding settings of the video. Otherwise it's entirely guesswork. Look at the Properties either in the QT player, or VLC player (which really gives a detailed look at what's under the hood), then post the details here. It sounds to me as if you're using a Codec that doesn't play well with AE, or an encoding setting which is just a bit off.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved