ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Aspect Ratio Changing When Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alyssa BarrettAspect Ratio Changing When Render
by on Nov 6, 2012 at 8:25:22 pm

Hello everyone!

I am making a short video for a website for the homepage. I need it to be a custom size to fit the specific area (556px x 323px). My comp is the correct size, but whenever I render it, it renders it to a different aspect ratio making it 673px x 323px. I am relatively new to AE so I'm not too familiar with render settings and how to have a custom aspect ratio. How can I render out my video at the same size/aspect ratio as the composition? (I've tried clicking resize and locking the aspect ratio, but this didn't work).

I would appreciate any insight! Thank you!

Here's a screen shot of the "output module" settings I've tried as well as the "format options"

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Aspect Ratio Changing When Render
by on Nov 6, 2012 at 9:20:29 pm

Check your composition settings again and make sure that you're set to use "Square Pixels." My guess is that you're not.

Assuming that you've been working at another Pixel Aspect Ratio (1.21?) your composition probably looks okay as is in AE and you probably can't simply switch the composition to Square Pixel now (it will make things look stretched out).

If that's the case then you'll need to create a new 556 x 323 composition with Square Pixels, drag your old composition into it, then with your old composition selected go to Layer > Transform > Fit To Comp.

Everything should look good in your new square pixel comp now. Use the square pixel comp to render.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Alyssa BarrettRe: Aspect Ratio Changing When Render
by on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:12:36 pm

That worked! Thanks so much for your help. One step closer to no longer being an AE noob.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved