ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating a Noah's Ark Scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zevie TannenbaumCreating a Noah's Ark Scene
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 5:16:08 pm

I need to create a 10 second shot of Noah's ark... I plan on filming this ark,

I want to create a stormy scene with water... I would need to mask out the ark and replace the background. How would I create the background of a storm, make the ark 'in the water'? Thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a Noah's Ark Scene
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 5:53:13 pm

First off check out these tutorials on Weather Replacement by Aharon Rabinowitz.

Here are just a few ideas/things to think of that come to mind, I'm sure others here will have some more thoughts. To put the Arc in the water, make sure you shoot it in a way so that you can remove that tree. Since you are going to have to paint/clone that out.

For the water, you will need some stormy footage that is shot in a perspective similar to how you shoot the Arc(probably best is to find the footage and try to match the perspective). If the shot is shaky, that might actually help as you could use AE's camera tracker to integrate the Arc into the shot.

You will need to layer the water, masking out the foreground water to put in front of the arc. You probably will want to mask out the arc also to have a water background plate.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Creating a Noah's Ark Scene
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 7:11:10 pm

For creating strom, you can watch a tutorial from red Giant:

And for creating realistic water, Red giant Psunami will help you to create realistic waves and oceans.

Then for composting, John has suggested good points which will help you a lot.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved