ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Time-Lapse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Marek
Time-Lapse
on Nov 4, 2012 at 5:26:49 pm

So I am doing music video for a friend of mine and I'm doing a time lapse of a dock that extends over the water and I want him to be standing on the dock singing in real time while everything else is in time lapse behind him. I'm just now sure exactly how to go about doing it. If there is a way to do it I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Time-Lapse
on Nov 5, 2012 at 2:14:53 pm

[Kyle Marek] "So I am doing music video for a friend of mine and I'm doing a time lapse of a dock that extends over the water and I want him to be standing on the dock singing in real time while everything else is in time lapse behind him. I'm just now sure exactly how to go about doing it. If there is a way to do it I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks."

Record your friend separately from the time-lapse, and use a background that you can easily remove -- like chroma-key green. Key out the background and composite your friend over the time-lapse footage.

If you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

I especially recommend the Video Copilot "Basic Training" series that Todd links to.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]