ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking to create a similar effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zevie TannenbaumLooking to create a similar effect
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 12:51:57 pm

I have a photo slideshow that I want to create... I want to do basic ken burns effect, but add the flickering colors... How would I create this on AE?

http://videohive.net/item/wedding-album/1837869

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Looking to create a similar effect
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 5:15:20 pm

[Zevie Tannenbaum] " I want to do basic ken burns effect, but add the flickering colors... How would I create this on AE?"

There are many ways to do those flickering colors, but the key to many of them are blend modes [link].

You can create some nice color washes with colored solids (optionally masked and feathered), with the 4-Color Gradient effect, or with a particle system like Particular emitting large, colored particles.

You transfer the color wash onto the photography by varying the opacity of the color wash layer(s) and selecting a suitable blend mode (color would be an obvious starting choice, but you could get some pleasing results with others like screen or overlay). Audition them all to start to get a feel for how they can affect your images.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Looking to create a similar effect
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 8:57:59 pm

Zevie

If you don't have Particular, You can use CC Particle World 2 Simulation fro creating particles.

Choose Lens Convex as particle size, Change gravity value to zero, increase the Birth and Death size and increase the Radius X and Y in producer.

Now Precomp it and apply Tint and give any color you want to apply.

Using 4 Way color Gradient and solids with blend modes is one of the best way to apply the flickering effect as Walter has suggested as no third party plugin is required.
Here is an example: CS5.5 File

4903_particleworldparticles.zip

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]