ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Settings for Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer, from AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jade JauquetSettings for Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer, from AE
by on Nov 1, 2012 at 1:50:28 am

Hello. I hope that I'm not double posting this questions, but i have searched and search for a question dealing with the same issues with no success

I am trying to export a still frame from AE in which the layers are perserved. [I'm wanting to do this so that I can apply buttons and then add the file into Encore]
The comp size is 1280x720, however when I go to Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer
the saved file dimensions is only 640x360. Why is this file so much smaller?

I have played around with the templates for output modules but they don't seem to have an effect on this "Save frame as" function.

I've been able to use "Composition > Save frame as > file" and get a psd file that is the same dimensions as my comp however this file does not preserve my layers from the AE comp.

How can I controle the output of the "Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer" function, so that the dimensions of the new file are the same as the AE comp?

Thank you for all the help

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Settings for Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer, from AE
by on Nov 1, 2012 at 6:00:28 am

Jade

If its not working then try this method:

1. Precompose your all layers in a new Comp.
2. keep your CTI(Current time Indicator) to the frame your want to export.
3. Right click on the layer and go to Time>Freeze Frame.
4. Now add this Precomp to Render Queue and Export with Photoshop Sequence and Best Settings.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Settings for Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer, from AE
by on Nov 1, 2012 at 1:52:33 pm

Change the resolution of your viewer from half to full before saving as Photoshop layers.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jade JauquetRe: Settings for Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layer, from AE
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 8:50:05 pm

Thank you Walter,
I changed the resolution in the comp settings to full, and then when I saved the PSD file it preserved the resolution.

Thanks for all that you do on the cow.net
Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]