ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Plexus + Sure Target 2

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron PozzerPlexus + Sure Target 2
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:48:36 am

Just fiddling around with these 2 plugins today. i had setup a random array of 3d layers, then thought "it might look cool with plexus lines connecting all these layers". i havent used plexus much, so im not realy sure what normal is, but as soon as i added it, the whole interface locked up. thankfully id saved.

Pretty much narrowed it down to ST2 and the auto rotate feature. even with a small amount if particles/lines (maybe 100 particles tops), the whole AE session was crawling. useable, but barely.

I also recently upgraded (if you can call it an upgrade) to a gtx580 video card from a workstation firegl card, because of adobe only supporting nvidia cards for gpu acceleration. im wondering if this might have something to do with it? id never run plexus on my old card.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had experience using these 2 plugins together. i think it might just be to many scripts/expressions going at once, since i think both are script based...?

Win7 x64
Amd 8150 8 core
16 gb ram

Return to posts index

David ChabashviliRe: Plexus + Sure Target 2
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 10:28:06 pm

Hi Aaron,

I have exact same problem...let me know if any solution comes up.

Return to posts index

Sean LewisRe: Plexus + Sure Target 2
by on Feb 1, 2013 at 4:03:52 pm

So glad someone else had this problem... I would've never worked out it was because of camera roll. Question is, why would additional camera movement have such a profound effect? Maybe it is to do with the 3D layer mode language within the lights, as lights do not have a '2D mode' hence no 3D layer button. SureTarget cannot see the non-existent conversion process from 2D to 3D.

Return to posts index

David ChabashviliRe: Plexus + Sure Target 2
by on Feb 1, 2013 at 6:06:07 pm

Hi Aaaron,

Well i did some more search on this matter. Nothing concrete came up, but what I understood from numerous forums is that since both of these handy tools use scripts, I guess some of their functions are incompatible with each other, thus causing extreme slowdown on the project. The very moment I turned the sure target of and animated the camera with null plexus started to work really fast, even with thousands of points. Not much help here, but I hope this will aid you in your project.

Cheers, David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved