ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can you add or delete frames in a comp like you can in Adobe Flash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario RosalesCan you add or delete frames in a comp like you can in Adobe Flash
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 12:39:13 am

Thank you ahead of time.

At work we constantly deal with clients that want to add or delete "time" from certain animations. One thought that came to mind is that if After Effects could do something similar that to Adobe Flash were you can easily insert and remove frames to a working composition??

It would be great if I could place the cursor at a specific time and all layers that are there after could move fwd/bwd without having to move keyframes and layers around. Any thoughts or am I just dreaming?

thanks.

Cool very cool! I'm excited... Just cause

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Can you add or delete frames in a comp like you can in Adobe Flash
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:21:25 am

Not exactly, one way to deal with changes in timing is to precomp your layers and then apply Time Remap to the precomp layer. This will allow you to tweak the animation - leave your audio track out of that precomp though.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mario RosalesRe: Can you add or delete frames in a comp like you can in Adobe Flash
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:30:54 pm

Thank you Ted for your response. It's a good idea that you proposed. However this creates some bugs for complicated animations.

I'll keep hoping that one day Adobe could come to the rescue for some very neat solution for that quick animation add.

Cool very cool! I'm excited... Just cause

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]