ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

memory crash while using After Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Aravantinosmemory crash while using After Effect
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:37:51 pm

Hi,

Ive recently upgraded my OS to Windows 8 and before that, I was running After Effects cs6 perfectly fine on Windows 7. Since the upgrade, when I try to render a project with multiple pre composed layers of particles I get the blue screen of death, my machine restarts and its followed by a pop up that states PFN_LIST_CORRUPT has caused the machine to crash.

From what I can tell (by online research), this has to do with memory failure. I know AE is memory heavy and this is why I have 32g of Ram in my machine coupled with a Quad core processor.

I also double checked the virtual memory and it seems to have automatically allocated 32,0000Mb for it. So that seems to be fine, yet I still get the blue screen of death. And, all my drivers are updated.

So my question is, is there something else memory related in AE that would cause these crashes? Anything I haven't checked? Id also like to apologise for posting a technical question - I know I shouldn't have but, the answer Im looking for I don't think is exactly technical? - I would just like to know if Im missing something that's memory related in AE? A setting that Ive missed?

Any feedback welcome, and thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Wayne KerringRe: memory crash while using After Effect
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:56:56 pm

Hello Julie,

1) Download and save this (Pfn_list_corrupt) restoration software applicati...

2) Setup software program and then click Scan button in the software.

3) Next, click the Fix Errors button in the software as soon as the diagnostic scan is successfully completed.

4) Reboot the laptop or computer.

Regards

Wayne

Return to posts index

Julie AravantinosRe: memory crash while using After Effect
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 5:34:34 pm

Thanks for this reply! - The software you recommended did find and fix over 600 bugs. Happy days.

Now I'm rendering my project, as an H264 video file, and at first it was going fine until it came up with the following error:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: PNGIO library error: IDAT: CRC error (5027:: 12)

After having a look on the site, I see people consider this to be a direct problem between AE and PNGs, which are not a preferred solution in AE. Is that indeed the case still?

And if so, why would I be getting that error message while rendering with an H264 codec? - please excuse my lack of knowledge. Ive only just started using AE in June, coming from a 3d background using Maya.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2012 at 5:34:53 pm

Thanks for this reply! - The software you recommended did find and fix over 600 bugs. Happy days.

Now I'm rendering my project, as an H264 video file, and at first it was going fine until it came up with the following error:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: PNGIO library error: IDAT: CRC error (5027:: 12)

After having a look on the site, I see people consider this to be a direct problem between AE and PNGs, which are not a preferred solution in AE. Is that indeed the case still?

And if so, why would I be getting that error message while rendering with an H264 codec? - please excuse my lack of knowledge. Ive only just started using AE in June, coming from a 3d background using Maya.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:58:17 am

Julie,
I have never come across the current problem you are experiencing but I will do some research to see if I can find a solution for you.
If you are ever in or near Walsall nr Birmingham please pop in to my studio, it is always nice to meet other designers.
Wayne

Return to posts index

by on Nov 1, 2012 at 9:06:46 am

Well, I wanted to let you know that since I installed the software you recommended, both the crashing and the error message have not come up again. Mind you, its only been 24 hours but, I did some stress test rendering and my pc and it didn't crash once.

If it does, I think I'm just going to go back an OS and wait for windows 8 and adobe to make friends. Im actually based in Shirley, so you're not to far!

Julie

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: memory crash while using After Effect
by on Nov 1, 2012 at 7:01:57 pm

CS6 has been approved to work with Windows 8. Please read this thread - http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1026923

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

by on Nov 2, 2012 at 8:50:48 am

Thank you :)

Return to posts index

by on Nov 2, 2012 at 1:43:46 pm

If it does happen again I would recommend you go back to Win7.
I know Shirley as I used to work at a place called Blythe Valley Business Park (off the big roundabout near the big Tesco just off the motorway) , I occasionally still visit to see old colleagues. If you can get to Blythe Valley one lunch time maybe you could join us. Always nice to meet new designers especially if they are female!

Return to posts index

Eric KirkRe: memory crash while using After Effect
by on Dec 16, 2012 at 1:56:05 pm

Hello,

I am having problems with CS6 and Windows 8. I used the tool mentioned above (and purchased it) and cleaned a bunch of bugs.

Right now, I can open AE CS6 and it is fine until I attempt to open a project. As soon as I do so, while the project is opening, I get the crash window, saying CS6 has crashed.

Appreciate any help.

Eric

Eric D. Kirk
http://www.kirkproductions.com

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: memory crash while using After Effect
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:28:46 pm

As far as I know, Windows 8 has not been approved to run any known version of AE. Ensure that you check on compatibility issues/support when you upgrade your OS.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

by on Oct 30, 2012 at 5:37:28 pm

Thanks for the heads up and - i know, mistake on my part. But luckily, I can take the project back to Windows 7 if I need to. I just liked the new OS and wanted to try it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]