ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

I need guidance, and a mentor if possible.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew RonholmI need guidance, and a mentor if possible.
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:27:59 am

I have been playing with after effects, and 3d animation software for a little while now and I need to know what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong. I need to hear what professionals have to say. I also need a bit of help of help fixing this issue where a lot of my work looks a bit or a lot cartoony. My dream is to be a director, but I am in love with vfx, and motion graphics. I just really need some proper guidance from some professional people. What I would really like is a mentor, someone I could learn from and ask questions and such from.

Here is a link to my stuff, its not super awesome, but I have the time and the dedication to make nice stuff, I just lack some of the proper tools, and some skills and guidance, which will come with time.

Please help me.....

And yes I've learnt almost everything I know from tutorials and playing. I'm sure its obvious, but I really really want to do this, its to much fun to not do it for life.

Andrew Ronholm: aka Extil3
Visual and Sound Effects Artist, 3D Animator, Graphics & Web Designer, Videographer, Photographer, Editor, Director, and Writer.

I know that sounds like a lot, but I really do all those things, and I do them for myself so it's more of a full time hobby.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: I need guidance, and a mentor if possible.
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:59:23 am

Learning from internet is one of the best way to improve your knowledge.

There are plenty of websites and tutorials that will help you to understand how and why to use which thing where at the right time.

But make sure not to lean just software. Make you basics of color theory(color harmony, color contrast), lighting(mood of lighting,etc), direction(continuity, composition,etc) and other skill very strong.

Your dream is to be a Director so must know about each and everything from Pre production to Post Production including all the procedures.

Here are some websites which may help you to learn different things:

You will get almost everything you must know about direction, production, pre and post production.

You can go through the courses they are offering especially "Visual Effects for Directors" and you can learn a lot from them. These are one the best learning DVD's you will ever found.

If you want to learn Motion Graphics and Visual Effects, here are some website which help a lot.

Here on the left side you will find a bunch of websites for visual effects and Motion Graphics.

For learning 3D, you can take courses from Digital Tutorials as they make one of the best tutorials specially for 3d.

Always keep yourself updated with the market. You must know What software, plugins, camera, rigs, lights, etc are available in the market and whats the differences between them.

But always keep in mind, Strong you basics first and then move ahead towards the advance level.

Don't be panic by looking at all the stuff you need to know. Start slowly and steadily and you will reach you goal definitely.

You can join also some College if you feel you can learn better somewhere else but be very cautious while choosing one.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved