ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issue using OP1a AVC-I 100 as intermediate for exporting AE comps for use in PrP

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Daigon
Issue using OP1a AVC-I 100 as intermediate for exporting AE comps for use in PrP
on Oct 29, 2012 at 3:11:39 pm

Here is a strange anomalie that happens when I try to export a 1920 x 1080 23.976 1.0 PAR comp from AE using the MXF OP1a AVC-I 100 codec.

This DOESN'T happen when trying the same process from PrP or AME. Only AE has this issue

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Issue using OP1a AVC-I 100 as intermediate for exporting AE comps for use in PrP
on Oct 29, 2012 at 5:41:28 pm

[Tom Daigon] "Here is a strange anomalie that happens when I try to export a 1920 x 1080 23.976 1.0 PAR comp from AE using the MXF OP1a AVC-I 100 codec. This DOESN'T happen when trying the same process from PrP or AME. Only AE has this issue"

I think it's a bug and I've reported it as such.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
Re: Issue using OP1a AVC-I 100 as intermediate for exporting AE comps for use in PrP
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:31:05 pm

Mystery solved.

11. Tim Kurkoski,
Oct 29, 2012 12:00 PM in reply to lasvideo

Hi guys,

Ouch, yes, this is broken. Sorry about that; I've put the bug in the system. The workaround is to open your comp in AME and encode there.

A little background info: In CS6 we added two new classes of codecs to the MXF OP1a encoder, AVC-Intra and XDCAMEX. All of those codecs have this failure (AE applies an incorrect output constraint) except one, AVC-Intra Class50 1080 correctly constrains to 1440x1080@1.33. Under the hood we have to manually write the constraints for each format into AE, so it looks like we goofed this when those codecs were added.

So please use AME for encoding to MXF OP1a if you need to use AVC-Intra or XDCAMEX codecs. The other codecs (DV, IMX, XDCAMHD) use the correct constraints.

-=TimK

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:41:30 pm

Once you posted that you were mastering in OP1a MXF Class 100 a month or two ago, I tried it in Ae immediately and ran into this -- and your post was a reminder that I failed to file a BR at the time. Glad to see it's on their radar!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:46:44 pm

Yes Walter. I really appreciate the speed and candor of their response.

Tom Daigon

HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]