ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

moving markers from premiere to ae via dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dogus aslanmoving markers from premiere to ae via dynamic link
by on Oct 29, 2012 at 12:11:57 pm

Hello people, i have a problem with my workflow. I am putting short animations on a 10 minute tv show. something like a cup of tea when he says i want tea, or a famous person pops out when he says it. you get the idea.

I watch the show on premiere and cut a piece from the sequence and sent it to after effects with dynamic link, but i have to re-render that piece of footage because i dont know exactly when the animation should kick in. I would love to put keyframes in premiere before sending it to after effects so in after effects i could see where to put the animation/animations.

anybody have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: moving markers from premiere to ae via dynamic link
by on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:55:16 pm

Markers from Pr sequences do come over in Ae when you import the sequence.

If you wish to work to audio in Ae, here are a few tips:

Press the period (.) key on the numeric keypad to initiate audio playback, then tap the asterisk (*) key on the numeric keypad during playback to add markers.

Select your audio layer, and tap LL -- the 'L' key twice -- to reveal its waveform. You can often use this for visually identifying beats and hits.

To scrub audio in AE, hold down Cmd and Opt on a Mac (Ctrl and Alt on Windows) while dragging the CTI around the timeline. To scrub audio and video together, hold Cmd on a Mac (or Ctrl on Windows) while dragging the CTI.

Check out Beat Assistant [link] by Mathias Möhl (mamoworld) over on aescripts.com for automatic beat detection.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

dogus aslanRe: moving markers from premiere to ae via dynamic link
by on Oct 30, 2012 at 8:12:37 am

thanks for the tips Walter.

I have seen that although at premieres help site says the opposite :

When you create an After Effects composition through Dynamic Link in Premiere Pro, After Effects does not preserve the sequence markers and clip markers.

taken from http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/markers.html#id_30367

it is possible to move markers from premiere to ae with dynamic link, the trick is the marker must be on the clip, sequence markers dont work.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: moving markers from premiere to ae via dynamic link
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:36:43 pm

In Ae, if you File > Dynamic Link > Import Premiere Pro Sequence, it brings in sequence markers. Downside: the entire sequence comes in as a single layer.

If you File > Import > Adobe Premiere Pro Project, you give up dynamic link, but you get the sequence with clips as separate layers and sequence markers intact.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

dogus aslanRe: moving markers from premiere to ae via dynamic link
by on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:51:19 pm

Actually I use dynamic link from premiere. "open in after effects" (or something like that), put the effects in after effects and continue to work in premiere. markers do come to after effects. maybe someone should tell the adobe people this :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]