ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Corrupted text, not the font

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyCorrupted text, not the font
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 6:15:11 pm

I have this project that uses a custom font (I assume commissioned by the client).

I started it yesterday in my own computer, collected it to a drive and today I imported it into the studio computer. Everything opened fine except for the texts, which although they render fine and look and animate the way it's supposed to, they actually spell completely different "words" for example" instead of BETTER now I have a string of non sense characters. If I change it to a different font they spell out their correct words.

This happened a month ago with the same font, between another studio's computer and mine, that time I ended up retyping everything, but this time I can't afford that much time for that, I have a tight deadline and way to many text layers to retype them all.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm on CS6 on Snow Leopard (but I have no idea what system the original computer was).

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Corrupted text, not the font
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 7:07:46 pm

May be this is because the font you have used in your PC is not available in the studio computer.

Check which font you have used at home and install that font in you studio computer.

After Effects looks in a couple of places for fonts, including (on Mac OS) Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts .

Be sure that no applications are running when you install your fonts.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Corrupted text, not the font
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 8:16:04 pm

Hi Vishesh,

I don't think that was the issue, I installed the fonts provided by the other studio. The issue happened across 4 different machines.

However I was able to fix it, I repaired permissions, ran a fsck -f on the computer, trashed AE's preferences and restarted AE holding tab, then quit it and restarted it again with Caps lock enabled and the issue went away, the fonts are reading properly now.

Thanks to Dave LaRonde who mentioned this unknown key combinations in another thread.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved