ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting timeline with vector images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan HansenExporting timeline with vector images
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 3:28:57 pm

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to export a timeline. It's comprised of animated text and some vector images in the background and green screen footage of a talent in front speaking. The green screen footage and exports fine, the text (which was built in AE) exports decent but the vector images do not export well at all. I have the "continuous rasterize" switch selected on all the vector images within the timeline and in the ram preview they all appear to be readable and clear but when I watch them in quicktime, full screen, they are very hard to read.

The image is a large box of text created by the client's art department. Could it just be that there is too much small text for it to be clear to read unless its scaled up over the amount I want it to be?

I've tried exporting in many ways, prores422, animation, h.264, etc. I keep getting the same results.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Ryan PatersonRe: Exporting timeline with vector images
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 3:46:18 pm

Well, I guess try scaling it up and see what happens! It wouldn't matter what format you export it to just ensure that when you export your "Render Settings" dropdown is set to "Best Settings"

Return to posts index

Ryan HansenRe: Exporting timeline with vector images
by on Oct 25, 2012 at 3:49:58 pm

I have scaled it up. It looks perfect when I scale it up but then the image extends beyond the screen.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 3:53:14 pm

Well, sounds like a design challenge now vs a technical one, good luck! Upload a screenshot if you want, maybe I could suggest something

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:07:29 pm

Here is a screen shot of the ram preview...this is the size the image needs to be at in the composition. As I said, I can scale it up to 2x the size but then it obviously extends beyond the edges of the composition...

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:10:50 pm

here's a screen shot of what I see when I play it in QT with full screen.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:11:46 pm

Oh wow, that is WAY too much text for video. The only thing I can suggest is zooming in on individual sections, one at a time, so people aren't completely lost. You should never use that much text in a video though, nobody will ever be able to read it all! Print that out on a flyer and let people read at their own pace. But I digress, to make the video work- split it up into sections

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:52:24 pm

That's what I was thinking. There are times in the video where it does zoom in on a section of this image but even then it sort of comes up grainy, see the attached photo of my QT player.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 4:57:30 pm

Ya, that's just due to the text size. I'm guessing this document was designed for print and they're just trying to shoehorn it into a video? Even on this shot, you'd have to zoom into the leftmost column and pan down, then pan over to the content on the right.

Just gotta play with it for a while. Good luck man

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:02:23 pm

Yea, oh well...is there something I can do in illustrator to help it? I have the .ai file with all the layers.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:09:32 pm

Ya I mean, you could always increase the font size, that would help. Like I said though, this is a design issue and not a technical one.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:11:18 pm

K i'll take it up with the client, see what they want to go with. I don't even know if they expect the view to actually be reading this thing anyway, its only on screen a few times and for just a few second each moment.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:11:51 pm

Thanks again for you help!

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:18:21 pm

No problemo!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]