ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I set a layer style in one comp, and have a layer style in another comp follow?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Jones
Can I set a layer style in one comp, and have a layer style in another comp follow?
on Oct 25, 2012 at 2:45:46 pm

I'm working on some animations for our station's high school basketball coverage this year. I have a 3D comp of a high school gym that I created for introducing team match-ups. The gym floor is a .psd I imported as a comp to preserve editable layer styles. My plan is to then use the Color Overlay layer style to change the predominate colors on the floor of the court to match the home team's colors.

My question:

I have another .psd that serves as the wall at the end of the basketball court. I included an extra layer with a basic design that will also be changed to match the home team's colors. Is it possible to use some sort of expression to make the color overlay on the wall design automatically change to match whatever the layer style of the gym floor is?

Ultimately, this is just to save myself time, and hopefully learn something new in AE at the same time!

Thanks!
Aaron

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Can I set a layer style in one comp, and have a layer style in another comp follow?
on Oct 25, 2012 at 6:56:36 pm

Aaron

It is very easy to do this kind of stuff. No need to learn any expression.

Just use pick whip to create an automatic expression which will work.

Pick-whip the Color property of Color Overlay style in your ground layer and attach it to the Color property of Color Overlay of wall layer.

Here is something I have done for you to understand how it works:

4849_coloroverlayexpression.aep.zip

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]