ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after processes the whole image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria Azêdo
after processes the whole image
on Oct 24, 2012 at 2:24:26 pm

Hi! I have this composition sized 13440x1080 pixels, it's a video wall made for 7 screens. So I need to make 7 renders of 1920x1080, one for each screen.

I created a new composition, size 1920x1080, and placed the correspondent part of the big composition (13440) in it. In other words, I cropped it. When I place the render, though, After Effects seems to process the whole image, even though I'm only trying to render 1/7 of it. I tried to mask, put a black solid on top of what I didn't need to show, but nothing worked.

I guess it is processing the whole image because I made a test: Twixtor (which I'm using in one layer) simply doesn't render in 13440 pixels, but works normally in 1920 pixels. Why would my render fail then? Anyone has a clue?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: after processes the whole image
on Oct 26, 2012 at 4:02:08 pm

[Maria Azêdo] "I created a new composition, size 1920x1080, and placed the correspondent part of the big composition (13440) in it. In other words, I cropped it. When I place the render, though, After Effects seems to process the whole image, even though I'm only trying to render 1/7 of it. I tried to mask, put a black solid on top of what I didn't need to show, but nothing worked."

Yes. After Effects steps into each comp, renders it at its original size, then uses that result in the main comp.

In other words, Ae does not process from the output backwards; it processes from the inputs forwards.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]