ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Old film shake-and-rattle effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie ByrdOld film shake-and-rattle effect
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 1:09:41 pm

I'm not sure what to call it, but I'm sure you've seen the old film reel effect, where there's typically cackling audio of the projector and the images bounce with white flashes and an occasional random image from earlier pops in and out.

I'm sure there's a plugin for the image portion of this (not interested in the audio) for Premiere Pro CS6 or After Effects.

But as I cannot describe the name, I don't know how to look for it.

Any assistance appreciated!

Return to posts index

Tylor LarsonRe: Old film shake-and-rattle effect
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:13:23 pm

this has a "Bad Film Effect" which should give you the look you asked for. there are other packages out there that do something very similar... just do a search for Bad or damaged film effect.

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Old film shake-and-rattle effect
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 6:23:59 am

Red Giant makes a product called Magic Bullet Looks and along with it comes a set of effects called Misfire which emulates film scratches and other issues like gate weave. A little pricy but the package is useful in a bunch of ways.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

Noel PowellRe: Old film shake-and-rattle effect
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 2:22:22 pm

I know this is late, but this After Effects template has exactly what you're talking about. It has 40 old film-looks to choose from. It's called Creation Film Effects.

After Effects templates - lens flares, light leaks, old film effects, digital glitches, VHS glitches, and more:

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved