ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Rachman Utomo"After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:50:48 pm

my comp is 1080p. 25fps. Using illustrator cs6 vectors as the objects. my After effects is cs6. I was animating on puppet tool. I made some keyframes, then suddenly a dialog box said "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested) (20 :34)". I purged all memory. I went to secret preferences. changed some value. restart after effects. but nothing happened.

my laptop specs:
RAM 4GB
windows 7 64 bit
geforce 610M
core i5

please help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:54:22 pm

Can you please detail the amount of experience you have with After Effects?

I'll assume you're used it before: turn off multiprocessing. Leave it off. Quit any other open applications. A mere 4 gigs of RAM is almost nothing in the After Effects world, and it's imperative that you get more memory. Go for 16 gigs just for starters.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ricky Rachman UtomoRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 10:13:51 am

i started using AE since 2009. But i just follow some tutorials. I don't really know the inside of AE. But now, i want to go deeper with AE.

Multiprocessing is off. But still got that error. By the way, i tricked it, in certain frames, if i render preview it will got the error. But i moved to other frames. And got no error. So I trim my comp, then it worked.

thanks for your answer anyway. I'll upgrade my RAM soon

Return to posts index

Michelle TylickiRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 3:20:47 pm

If you still haven't found a solution try the Mesh properties:

1 expand the properties on the item with the pins attached.

2 expand Effects.

3 expand Puppet.

4 expand Mesh 1.

5 change triangles value to 200.

6 change expansion to 4.

Changing the triangles and expansion values was what solved it for me. If I put triangles back up to 300, I get the error. If I lower triangles the error goes away. If I didn't adjust the expansion the mesh got a bit wonky and didn't look right.

Return to posts index

Michelle TylickiRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 3:02:32 pm

Hey, I'm working on a similar computer and have encountered the exact problem with the puppet tool. I have solved the issue without changing any settings or adding RAM very simply:

My project was rather large and complicated for my machine (14mb).
So I isolated the object I was using the puppet tool on by saving the project with a new name (for example: puppet scene), and then deleting all other comps and files that I didn't need for this puppet tool scene. When I'm done animating the puppet I'll just export it on alpha and import it into the orginal master project.

Hope that helps!!

Return to posts index

Ricky Rachman UtomoRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:00:03 am

thanks michelle, i'll try your solution if i get that problem in the future (...hopefully not)

Return to posts index

Jake BastianRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Nov 14, 2012 at 10:51:46 pm

This is definitely not a RAM thing. I'm currently running a system with 64 gigs of RAM and have been getting the same error when I open my project.

Are there any other solutions to this?

Return to posts index

Mandito AgRe: "After Effects : Out of Memory (1K requested)" while animating with puppet tool
by on Nov 9, 2013 at 1:24:27 am

I hope this is useful somehow. I've just had a big problem with this. I was still working and then I got this error and a crash. So every time I tried to open the file and fix it AE crashed again only letting me know that my memory was not enough (16GB, not too shabby) So I couldn't even fix it.

I looked everywhere, tweaked memory options and nothing, still crashed when I tried to open it, then I found that most of the times, the problem y that one of the layers is internally too big for after effects to work with it, But how could I check.

SUDDEN idea.

Open the file with refresh disabled (Caps Lock, only shutting down the comp preview window, if that's its name, didn't work) that way AE was not yet trying to calculate anything, and then I saw it, I still don't know how, but probably a very wrong click made one of the layers huge, changed the values to someting more realistic and then, Caps Lock again and that's it.

Silly mistake, lost a lot of time trying to figure it out since it didn't make any sense, got really frustrated several times, but in the end my work was not lost so I'm smiling while I type this. Again, I hope this may help somebody.

From my perspective that layer size should be the problem most of the time and if your file is crashing your AE, refresh disabled is a good way to check it out. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]