ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 project crashing/locking up upon loading - same % each time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Middleton
AE CS6 project crashing/locking up upon loading - same % each time
on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:20:12 am

Hi everyone,
Having some problems with CS6 on Windows 7.
I created a project on my desktop which is powerful and up to such a basic project. Returning to the project later I found it would no longer open. It would load some assets into the project list, and go to about 5%, then the screen and windows would white out and not respond.

I tried importing etc but could not get it to open.
Oddly, it will open on an off the shelf laptop no problem. I even tried reducing the project, collecting files and opening on the original desktop, and still no luck.
Any idea what would cause this? It is doing the same with an earlier version of the same project..

Originally there was a warning that would come up during startup which I struggle to remember, something about GL settings, and with the option to warn upon startup once per session etc.. I remember turning this off before the problem started occurring.. could that have caused the issue?

Thanks heaps in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE CS6 project crashing/locking up upon loading - same % each time
on Oct 23, 2012 at 6:45:59 am

Have you tried opening the project with Caps Lock on (to suppress rendering)?

Have you tried moving the footage into a different folder on the disk so that After Effects can't find it? This might help identify footage that Ae is having difficulty with.

Have you tried resetting Ae's default preferences (by holding Ctrl-Alt-Shift while opening the application)?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]