ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Transparent Text??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley HeiligTransparent Text??
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 3:13:14 pm

I'm working with a client that really wants this scene but I am stumped on how it was done. I know how that background was done but when it comes to the text I'm clueless at this point.

Please Help

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Transparent Text??
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:45:28 pm

Do you mean the text that you can see in the poster frame(TATO). The method I would use would be to create my text layer and texture, and precompose it. Then to get the text to have varying degrees of transparency I would create a solid and add fractal noise to it. Place that above the text layer and change the text layer's track matte to a luma matte. For fun you could set keyframes on the fractal noises evolution to have the opacity change a bit. Finally I would play with the final transfer mode of the text(looks like an additive mode).

Here's a quick and dirty example project for you to see, perhaps it will give you some other ideas on how to approach this:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ashley HeiligRe: Transparent Text??
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 12:38:38 pm

I wasn't able to open your file, but your directions gave me the exact effect that I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved