ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator to After Effects : Gradient and jagged edge

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Rachman UtomoIllustrator to After Effects : Gradient and jagged edge
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 11:48:37 am

Any help to refine the edge and fix the gradient?

Return to posts index

Tylor LarsonRe: Illustrator to After Effects : Gradient and jagged edge
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:39:43 pm

you should try rasterizing the beard... you could also just export a JPG of the head as a PSD and the Replace the AI layers in AE...

Return to posts index

Mike DamianRe: Illustrator to After Effects : Gradient and jagged edge
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:04:41 pm

If you scale a vector layer make sure you have your collapse transformations switch on and that will smooth out the jaggies

Return to posts index

Ricky Rachman UtomoRe: Illustrator to After Effects : Gradient and jagged edge
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:51:31 am

i've turned on the collapse transformation for the head, but still i got jagged edge. actually I turned off the collapse transformation for the legs. because if I turn them on, they will get jaggy. anyway, thanks for your reply

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:48:44 am

thank you for the answer. i'll try it, and i'll tell you soon :)

Return to posts index

by on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:32:54 am

it works. thanks. I replaced the head from AI with PSD one.. When i rendered it, no jagged edge. I put the beard in one PSD file with the head.

But now the problem is there any way to get rid the white lines from the beard and ear?

Return to posts index

Tylor LarsonRe: Illustrator to After Effects : Gradient and jagged edge
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:42:13 pm

In the past when this happen to me. I was under deadline and just photoshopped it away.. but the issue is usually caused when something like a drop shadow or a glow is applied, or to a layer or a miss aligned layer. to check this go into your illustrator file and hit Command Y. This puts illustrator in Outline Mode. this will let you check to see if there is some layer that aren't lining up, Hit Cmd+Y to go back... also check the layers for the Ear and jaw and make sure there isn't a white stroke on the layer. to check this make another layer in Illustrator and make a black square at the bottom of your layer stack. Make sure to trash this layer once you are done testing. This black layer should help any stray stroke or effects to stand out. Lastly again, i would suggest running "Expand Appearance." This will Rasterize any effect. Namely if you used any of the Photoshop filter effect in illustrator. any effect left unexpanded usually is the issue. the last thing you can try is to offset the beard and ear gradient layers. My guess is that AE is struggling to reproduce the location data of the two layers sense they are in same spot... again that is just a guess sense i don't know how you have the AI file built. to offset the paths simple select the paths of the layers and go to Object/Path/Offset Path Please make sure to check this as a solution on the forum if it works.

Ty

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2012 at 7:08:23 am

thank you for your answer and solution. I really appreciate it, and i got some tips from you too. About the white spot, i guess it's only me being lazy to retouch the vertices after i accidentally messed it up. I'll be more precise on modeling the character in the future. thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]