ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Exporting my project is taking to long to render.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge HernandezExporting my project is taking to long to render.
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 3:51:04 am

Hello and thank you to all of you that can help me with my dilemma. My question is I created an intro for a festival and I had to scan 4 pictures which where in high resolution. When scanning them I selected Tiff Files and they were each 641MB each. I took them intro Photoshop to get rid of the backgrounds and exported them out from there as PNG. Then they were about 855MB each. Then I brought them into after effects and created my intro with the High Resolution stills, my problem is that now I am trying to export my intro which looks great but the render wont go past 1 second. I do not know what to do... Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would lower the resolution of the stills to get them to lower file sizes but I have no idea how to do that. Thanks again for everyone that took the time to read my post and possibly help.

Macbook Pro Laptop
i7
8GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Working on External WD Drive
Programs. After Effects, Photoshop CS6, FCP 7, and all of Adobe's creative suite.

Export Option from After Effect is Animation for best quality use in FCP7.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Exporting my project is taking to long to render.
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:29:18 am

You may have two problems.

The file size of a photoshop document is less important than its horizontal and vertical resolution. You didn't say what they are, and you didn't say anything about the comp settings, either. Unless you have a good reason for doing so, the images don't have to be much bigger than the comp. Doing this will cut down on render times a lot.

Second, 8 GB is not much memory for After Effects. If you are tying to use multiprocessing, turn it off and leave it off until you get more RAM.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jorge HernandezRe: Exporting my project is taking to long to render.
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:43:54 am

Dave thank you for the fast reply and sorry for not giving you the details. The comp is 1920 by 1080, 29.98 frames per second and the stills are pngs that were created in photoshop after scanning them from my printer which created tiff files. They are about 848mb and the dimensions of all the pictures are 12456x17176. I hope this helps and Dave thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Exporting my project is taking to long to render.
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:50:06 am

The dimensions of the stills are WAY too big.

Also 1920 x 1080 29.98??? Cant imagine what specs would call for this very unstandard frame rate.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:53:15 am

Sorry i meant the frame rate is 29.97 an how would i go about converting these images to a smaller size?

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Exporting my project is taking to long to render.
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 5:56:02 am

You will want to reduce their size in photoshop. But do it by a percentage. For instance reduce them 25% of their current size. Then you will know how much to scale them up in after fx and have them be the same.

When u change their size. Save copies of them. Also i would work in a duplicate ae project so u can always revert to the older one if need be.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

by on Oct 22, 2012 at 6:04:57 am

Mathew thank you so much for your reply! How would I go about lowering the percentage? I'm new to photoshop so if you can give me a step by step instruction I will be eternally greatful. Thanks again and I will try tomorrow morning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]