ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular Texture Map?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max JacksonParticular Texture Map?
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 11:22:31 pm

Hi CC,

Is there a way to run my particles over a texture of like a face or something so they run over it kind of like speed bumps to contour the map to create that shape?

I'm trying to make shadow trails run over something to make a spooky face relief/reveal.

Can't use for this application though, have to use particular due to the situation.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for reading! :D

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Particular Texture Map?
by on Oct 21, 2012 at 1:53:05 pm

Particular doesn't support displacement mapping from another layer. Perhaps you could use a combination of free form with particular to displace the layer(or for something really quick and dirty the distort -displacement effect).

It's tough that it has to be particular, cause Form does this type of effect better.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Max JacksonRe: Particular Texture Map?
by on Oct 22, 2012 at 4:40:57 am

Yeah I hear you. I thought I was barking up the wrong more a less. I figure I could try to through together some kind of value map based on lightness turns out building something that big at 4k would become problematic so I dodged the idea all together.

Thanks though! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved