ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

lip sync plug in yet?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben wolfinsohnlip sync plug in yet?
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 1:47:36 am

is there a plug in that allows after effects to listen to a vocal track and then allow it to map the 7 faces of different lips to it? i know maya and toonboom have such abilities. so i have to do the faces in one of those programs then import them into after effects. just wanted to save that step if anyone knows.

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: lip sync plug in yet?
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 9:47:37 am

Don't know much about any plugin that will do this but you can use Auto lip Sync Script:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Demo Reel(3D):

Return to posts index

ben wolfinsohnRe: lip sync plug in yet?
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 4:33:29 pm

this just does a 3d distort, its not using the classic animation technique of allowing you to swap 7 different face's that you create. i want to have control over what those looks are instead of the program dictating it.

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: lip sync plug in yet?
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 4:39:52 pm

Ive not seen anything resembling what you describe for AE.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Joachim HollerRe: lip sync plug in yet?
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 7:43:02 pm

You are right, Ben. At the time you asked this, there was no Script whatsoever that tackled this problem. To be honest, Auto Lip-Sync does hardly more than the "Convert Audio to Keyframes" command.

But finally, there is. A script that animates a chosen number of mouth/face images in sync with the specific audio file, just like you would manually. It's called lipsyncr (, I am one of the developers). It's actually funny, because we were especially mindful of exactly the things you mentioned. Of course, there's a free trial and lots of information available:

I really hope this is what you are looking for!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved