ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Un explained random camera movement bug

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh BrineUn explained random camera movement bug
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 12:15:00 am

Im not sure if its a bug.

but i have a comp with layered 3d photos. and a camera that is flying through them on the zaxis. each photo is a precomp of photoshopped separated layers, so that the forground and the bk ground are separated, so it feels like im flying through the photo's

im only manipulating the z axis of the camera, basically sending it straight through all of the layers, and pasting the beginning keyframe of certain ones at the end so that the camera holds on certain images.

however when i do this, sometimes i get unexplainable bobbing camera movement on the zaxis, like i have a keyframe between these 2 identical sets of keyframes that is behind on the zaxis, so the camera moves forward, then back, then forward,

however i dont have any keyframes, and the graph editor shows a totally neutral line along that axis. so it makes no sense. its destroying the feel of the piece. and my deadline is tommorow morning.

someone please help.

using cs5.5, windows 7

Return to posts index

Calvin GaunceRe: Un explained random camera movement bug
by on Oct 20, 2012 at 12:53:39 pm

Look at the camera path inside of your composition and watch it when that happens. It may be better to change your view to "top" instead of "active camera." There's probably some bezier handles on the keyframe causing the path to continue and then come back. Zoom in real close if you don't see it at first.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Tylor LarsonRe: Un explained random camera movement bug
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:40:19 pm

also are you using Easy Ease on your keyframes? some times this causes the Camera to surge or bob. again i would suggest following Calvin Gaunce advice and changing to a top or side view and zoom out wide so you can review the camera movement. that should give you a clear understanding of the movement issue.

Return to posts index

Philipe AmaroRe: Un explained random camera movement bug
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:27:03 pm

This is a AE glitch/bug.

You need to update to the latest version.

I'm using CS6... update from adobe is here:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved