ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Correct and easy way to save after effects project file...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vipati hiteshCorrect and easy way to save after effects project file...
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 5:39:27 pm

Hello All,

I have after effects CS5.5. I want to know correct and easy way to save after effects project file. Let me explain in detail...

I have created an animation in C4D and export it as image sequence, then I import that image sequences in After effects and add some more effects and audio in it. I used my friend's and his wife's photos and videos in that project. Now I want to save that project file such a way so that I can replace their photos and videos with other couples photos and videos. I want to do it many times.

In short, I want to replace photos and videos of my project frequently. Which is the easiest way for this? Can I make a DVD of that project file and than I can replace it?

In addition, I also want to know that What is difference between after effects project file and after effects template? What is use of after effects template?

Thank you in advance,

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Correct and easy way to save after effects project file...
by on Oct 18, 2012 at 1:40:30 am

To create a template it's best that you place each footage item that will be used, into its own precomp. Number the precomps in increasing order, based on when they appear in the sequence. Save your AEP and go through the standard procedures to Consolidate Footage, Reduce Project and Remove Unused Footage before Collecting Files.

AET (AE Templates) files require a hack which does not exist in the public domain.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved